Follow the smell of freshly baked bread and you will find yourself at the doorstep of endless possibilities. Fresh baked bread, right out of the oven is in itself a treasure beyond comparison and an experience everybody deserves to have atleast once in their life. Even more incredible is what you can do with it – rustle up a comforting sandwich or a gourmet one, serve with sides of delicious dips, make yourself a picnic with cheese, meat and roasted fruit, layer up some kickass crostini, bake a lovely caramelised asian style toast.. sky is the limit. But imagine knowing that the bread you baked yourself, is healthy, nutritious and includes whole grain..
Posts tagged ‘workshop’
Weekdays can be cruel. Long, tedious, tiring, and repetitive. No wonder the meals get boring and predictable too. And yet, there are so many scrumptious little secrets that can help you quickly dish out new, unusual and delicious meals that do justice to how hard you work and painfully you travel (in Mumbai at-least . The Create Delicious Weekdays workshop will teach you versatile recipes and simple techniques that are a whole lot of fun but will also change the way you cook so that rustling up that weekday meal is a snap. And absolutely delicious too.
Real Bread – Baking and Beyond
Follow the smell of freshly baked bread and you will find yourself at the doorstep of endless possibilities. Fresh baked bread, right out of the oven is in itself a heart warming experience. But have you ever tried a slice of grilled French bread with melted chocolate, olive oil and flaky sea salt? Or delicious warm cornbread that works magic with ham or a jalapeno and garlic dip? We think its time you did!
At our ‘Real Bread’ workshop, we welcome you to discover breads. Learn to bake them but also find new ways of experiencing them.
1. Learn three traditional recipes with which you can bake amazing bread at home –
- Pain Ordinaire – A classic, crusty yet soft French style yeasted bread which lends itself to great variety from rolls to baguette and flatbreads
- Buttermilk cornbread – Traditional bread of the American Indians made with cornmeal, slightly sweet, known to work very well with spicy cuisines.
- Irish soda bread – The quintessential bread from Ireland – quick to put together, crusty and tender at the same time.
And because food must be fun as well as creative, at our workshop, we will help you add your own personal touch to each dish you make. Stay with the classic version we teach or turn it up a notch by experimenting with flavorings and shapes to create your own signature bread.
2. Wrap up with a fun tapas style party because in our kitchen, hardwork is always rewarded. Pair the breads you just baked yourself, with an assortment of cold cuts, cheeses, nuts, dips, roast fruits and vegetables, and join us to discover the fabulous combinations that breads can lend themselves to. And oh yes, do bring your wine along!!
The workshop will be run in our domestic kitchen, so anything we do together you can do at home. The group size will be kept small and intimate so we can all share, discuss, experiment and indulge in plenty of food talk. Lots of hands-on learning, kneading, shaping, tasting, drinking and plenty of the fruits of your labour to take home. Its our idea of a party. If its yours too, reserve your spot quickly.
A 304, Gurudrishti, MTNL Lane, MHADA Four Bungalows, Andheri West – 400058. (Landmark: Same lane as Goa Portuguesa, End of MTNL lane)
Workshop 1: 9th Feb, 12PM to 6PM
Workshop 2: 16th Feb, 12PM to 6PM
Workshop 3: 17th Feb, 12PM to 6PM (Updated to reflect another date open for registrations due to request)
How much does it cost?
Rs 3000 per head
Reserving your spot
To reserve a spot email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with which date you are interested in attending the workshop or call me (Reshmy) at 9819024086.